Christmas was a cold, snowless, sunny day that bleared into a crisp, starless night. Red, neon green, and indigo blue lights flashed and whirled into the blackness, and the holiday turned into the next ordinary day (or Boxing Day, if you celebrate it).
It is so strange that only on a holiday does everyone take an entire day to relax. It’s wonderful.
My favorite Christmas treasure I received is The Sleeper and The Spindle by Neil Gaiman. It is probably the most gorgeous book I’ve ever looked at or owned. I spent the early afternoon reading it and then working on a short story (well, er, it’s a bit long, edging on 7,000 words) that I will submit in the new year.
Speaking of the New Year, I have a few goals/resolutions I’d love to accomplish.
- Query my list of agents. If not successful, query new story.
- Speaking of new story: type it up, edit, and finish editing by end of March.
- Write one short story a week
- Take time to stretch every single morning
- Write down three things I am grateful for at the end of every day
- Begin a new story by April
- Travel somewhere I’ve never been before
- Be present in every moment.
- Refrain from engaging in gossip
- Help somebody every single day, however small
What are your goals and resolutions for 2015?